Re: Newer neutral safety switch!

[AD removed for archives]
Do you love your country? Get a Free USA T SHIRT click here to
receive your gift.
caacDvPb7yoMza/PermissionData

> Has anyone used the newer 3 prong neutral safety switch replacing
> the  one
> post switch? Which prong do you use to be able to start the car? I
> tried  using
> the one post switch on the newer, (read, 66 or 67 torqueflight),
> trans but
> the neutral safety switch doesn't work. I have the wire grounded now
> just to
> start the car so it starts in any gear which I know isn't save. And
> I know the
> one post is good because I used it on the 65 trans that was in the
> car.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bill C.

 Bill,
 The three prong switch uses just one of the terminals to "ground" the
wire to the neutral start switch. The other two prongs are for the
reverse light, positive and negative. It then acts like a contact switch
for the reverse light. You can test the switch with a test light if it's
in the trans already. Loose lead to positive battery, and test for ground
in park and neutral. If you have it in your hand, ground one terminal,
and push in the plunger to find the other terminal that tests hot. Use
the odd terminal for the starting switch.  Tom in Dallas

[AD removed for archives]
Is America Safe? Give your opinion on Homeland Security and enter
to win!
caacERTb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.