Re: trunk gasket installation?

[AD removed for archives]
Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
caacDv1b7yoMza/PermissionData

Gary,

   I haven't done one on a 65 A-body, but I just got
through replacing mine on a 64 B-body. I'm sure they
would be similar.

Make sure you have the old gasket removed throughly. I
scraped mine off then used some auto body adhesive
remover to get rid of any leftover old glue. My gasket
had a V-shape that went to the top outside. Apply the
gasket with 3M black Super Weatherstrip adhesive on
the body and the gasket. I did mine about one foot at
a time pressing down the gasket as I went along.

    Gary

--
> Hello all,
>
> I received the e-mail below. Anyone here who has
> installed a trunk
> gasket on a '65 A-body that can help explain the
> procedure?
>
> You can reply here and I'll CC Dennis V.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary H.

> 1965 Plymouth Valiant Technical Help needed
>
> Bought a replacement Trunk Gasket from Laysons, it
> is not very clear how
> to install it and old gasket already gone. Installer
> called Laysons and
> their instructions were still not clear to him,
> Anyone done this install
> before?
>
> NoJive65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Please e-mail installer "Smitty" also with any
> suggestions  at:
>
> cooletc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis V
>
> San Diego

[AD removed for archives]
Should School Prayer be mandatory? Give us your opinion and win.
caacDvTb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.