Re: Dynamic converter!

[AD removed for archives]
Is Unemployment on the rise? Answer and Win!
caacHNhb7yoMza/PermissionData

I do have the 28" tall tire with the 4:10 gear. I may be off a little bit  on
the RPM at 45. I'm one tooth off in the pinion for the speedometer. It calls
for a 38 tooth and I have a 39 tooth in the 66 trans I'm running.
Not sure what the RPM to get rolling in first. The car idles at around  1000.
It seems to take off with little throttle pressure. It just seems to be
turning a lot of RPM while in first gear.
I have no idea what gear set is in the trans. It was built some 15 years  ago
by a trans expert here in Toledo but never run in a car until now.
I'm sure I have plenty of torque what with the cubic inches I have, so that
may be making the converter slip a little more, especially in first gear  but
there is little RPM drop between gears. Not that I'm complaining about that.
I do have a little lag though going into high gear, mostly at a lower speed.
If  I jump on it about half throttle, it shifts into high gear faster. Don't
know if  that is normal or not either.
I sure don't want to change to a higher, or lower, as the case may  be, rear
gear or change the converter to compensate for the way it's  acting.
I don't have enough miles on the car yet to give her full throttle to see
what she'll do. Haven't had it past 5000 yet. But she does sh*t and get when I
get on it, for sure.

Bill C.

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your companion air fare now!