Re: valley crack

[AD removed for archives]
Like music? Get a CD Player here
caacJzeb7yoMza/PermissionData

In a message dated 10/16/2004 4:06:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Uh -oh! Taking one of my motors apart ( 400 mopar). Took the intake
  and valley cover off- an H shaped crack in the wall of the lifter
  valley between the center two pistons on the drivers side. Feels like
  it goes thru to the water jacket when i wiggle my pinky into the water
  jacket,I seem to feel a ridge or crack in the corresponding spot.
  My question is, can  water jackets  be repaired or is this now a piece
  of lawn art for my yard.   Dangit!!!! It  is was one of the good 1971
  engines too!!
  Neal Zimmerman, eugene Oregon

   Personally i wouldnt bother spending the money to fix it. The 400 motors
are very plentiful and you can find them relatively cheap. It would be a 72 I
think. The 400 didnt come out untill 72. Up to that point they still had 383's.

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your tickets to Universal Orlando now
caacJzlb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.