Re: !!!&$%^^ Heater Core/Control Valve

[AD removed for archives]
Amazing Diet Patch
caacOlIb7yoMza/MyDietPatches

In a message dated 11/7/2004 11:48:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
schuyler62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
[AD removed for archives]
Free recipes to get you in shape
caacOlCb7vsyza/PermissionData

I had this problem about 15 years ago so my memory a little fogged, the
heater control valve was leaking like a sieve
so we took the heater-core out or maybe just the valve? anyway at the
time there was noway to fix it or find a replacement
so we had it welded up. I remember the guy welded a penny on the end of
the valve that was leaking, which of coarse
rendered it useless, but water could pass through without leaking. so,
we stuck everything back in and put a inline
valve on the heater hose that flows into the heater core. so with a
longer cable the same lever still controls how much
heat or hot coolant flows into the heater core but now the lever works
in reverse. Probably not the best way to fix it
but thats what we came up with at the time. and yes, there is a big
hole rusted through the floorboard under the gas
pedal which I covered with some sheet aluminum stuck into place with
some roofing tar. again, not the best way
to fix it but it cost me nothing.

nowadays you can probably find a new heater-core or control valve on
ebay
and someone on the list may have some better Ideas?

Schuyler
Schuyler,
You crack me up!!!
Paul