Re: Doubt it will fly

[AD removed for archives]
Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon? Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
caacOlPb7yoMza/LeadClick

After a brief visit to http://www.uspto.gov (the Patent & Trademark Office), there are several live trademarks for "Survivor" on the books, including a candy, a watch, a flashlight, lifesaving equipment, bearings (both Timken and Torrington), and these idiots from Bloomington (Serial No. 73810862).
At first I thought there's was No. 74566015, "plastic highway delineators" as it sounded like a pretty good description of a Corvette to me.

I have a hard time believing that any of their lawsuits would hold up in court simply if someone put the word "survivor" in an advertisement. If I pull an original wheel bearing off my Dodge that's still serviceable and I call it a survivor, Torrington and Timken could care less. These Bloomington Gold people are just being arrogant about it, and the threat of a lawsuit is enough to send Hemmings running (God forbid they have to spend money on legal fees, as much as they're getting for ads and subscriptions, especially if you want the subscription where you get the magazine earlier than most so you can snatch up the good deals).

I encourage the person with enough money and arrogance (the good kind) to advertise a car nationwide as a survivor (don't capitalize the word, and they'll have even less on you) and when Bloomington sues, put them in their place.

If you had to, you could always call a car a servivor and live with the shame of an egregious spelling error.

If anyone wants to hassle them, the current assignees' addresses are at http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/q?db=tm&sno=73810862

Dave Casey

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
caacQ4Sb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.