TURBOHYDRAMATIC!!

[AD removed for archives]
Free Thanksgiving recipes for you
caacVmgb7yoMza/PermissionData

Hi
         Figured I'd get your attention with that.....well I did my first Turbo Hydramatic 350 this week ( In the seventies when I was in the trade on brand X's , I just did R & R's usually with rebuilt units obtained from a local rebuilder ) but this one  belonged to a friend of mine and some cost savings were a consideration . The thing lost all forward drive capabilities as she was pulling away from a gas stop. I had a look at this thing in an objective manner and after concluding the repair I honestly can't understand why the car world (for the most part) , especially rodders are so enthralled with this GM stuff ,right from the modulator to the silly little "detent/kickdown"cable , its like the designers went around the block to walk across the street. Be thankfull we have Torqueflites !!!!  Which,  my opinion it is the darn best Automatic in the world.  The design , much like our engines is clean and integrated , shift points are regulated from one source (throttle lever) . The Turbo has to use two sources to tell it how to shift , and the Torque flite has a fully removable complete valve body , the Turbo has the transfer passages cast into the trans case which I think is definitely a questionable practice , ....along with more springs and do-dads and whatsits than you can imagine  as an example;  The TorqueFlite uses two disc clutches and two bands and one overrunning clutch to provide three forward gears and reverse whereas the Turbo uses four disc clutches , two roller clutches and one band to do the same thing...sorry not for me!!!
Any who I thought I'd share my thoughts , I'm so thankfull that I  recieved my initial training on
Chrysler products (my mind is definitely right) and I'm convinced now more than ever that the early stuff (62 to 65 and later) are some of the best darn cars ever created. Shifting with Buttons is tops in my camp!!!!
Thanks for reading.

 Regards
  Wally
  63 Dodge etc.

[AD removed for archives]
** Get Your Own Support-a-Cure Yellow Bracelet for $1.99 **
Show your support for finding cures for both AIDS & Cancer.
Get yours for just $1.99. This bracelet makes a difference.
caacVlOb7yoMzf/Penn Media

----

b7yoMz.