Re: Digest for 1962to1965mopars@, issue 2387

[AD removed for archives]
Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
caac2N5a/PermissionData

Tom, Fat fingers, thanks for the correction.

twfaust@xxxxxxx wrote:[AD removed for archives]
Like music? Get a CD player on us. Click here.
caac2NUb6RAsna/PermissionData

In a message dated 1/15/2005 4:58:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I know this is off subject, but I'm really disappointed with the new
> Charger. It still looks like the Chrysler 300. It is a shame that they didn't
> incorporate more of the old Charger looks. I wish they had used one of the
> original renditions, a lot better looking lines. I do like the new SRT8 Magnum, 6.1
> litres, 425 HP, by the way 6.1 equals 426. Love it.
> Dennis
> '04 Ram Hemi

Sorry Dennis, 6.1 liters is a little more like 370 c.i..
As to the retro Mustang someone else mentioned, here is a "factoid"
for you. About a year ago I sold a 1982 Imperial on eBay to one of the chief
designers on that project. He and his father had almost 2 acres under cover, in I
think Idaho. His father had 108 Mopars and this was the son's 36th.
By the way, I agree about the Charger. But, I have seen a few photos
where it looks better than that red "artists rendition" that appears
everywhere. I would have preferred a "fastback" Magnum. The "Charger" looks like
another Asian sedan with cross-hairs on the front.
I guess some things have to be accepted. Except for econoboxes, the
two door car is pretty much dead. DC is probably looking for a new line of cars,
not a single model. They had so much marketing success with "Hemi" ("There's
a new mayor in Carville"), they probably figured they could capitalize on
"Charger". A shame, they should have waited to use that name on something better.
I threw my TV away about a year ago, so I don't know if there are TV ads for
the Charger. Are they trying to milk the past the way they did with the 300?
Like the 300 ads that showed a grainy, black and white, clip of a kid and his
father looking at a '57, or so, 300?

Tom Faust

--
caac2NQb6RAsnf/PermissionData