Re: Car Selling Scams

I have a $50,000 cashiers check haging on the wall behind the toilet...
That's about all it is good for.
They try but it never works.

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 7:18 PM, 62-65-mail-list-club-Gary-H
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are lots of scams and scammers. When it comes to money,  it seems some humans are very er,  "creative!"
Listen to your gut and don't be rushed is sensible to remember.

This "Safe Ways to Pay or to Accept Payment for a Used Car" article points out that even cashier's type checks are relatively easy to fake. So you can "schedule the transaction to occur at the buyer's bank so you're there to see the cashier's check being prepared...." It has other tips too.

https://www.goautocity.com/used-car-safe-payment-methods

"What's the Best Way to Take Payment for My Used Car?" also has a payment types list. It mentions taking "cash" as an option -- but having a  lot of cash in itself attracts attention. Take the cash at your bank branch perhaps? How to prove a cash transaction took place?

https://www.cars.com/articles/whats-the-best-way-to-take-payment-for-my-used-car-1420680880955/

And this article lists "12 Used Car-Buying Scams To Watch Out For — and How To Avoid Them"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/12-used-car-buying-scams-110003263.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Gary H.