RE: Mopar snobs (was my 62 survivor)

your reply made me think about the regular friday night crowd,
this is a car show every week in n.st.paul, mn., on average
about 200 cars will show up. the regular crowd of 62 -65 is
listed below

a dad with his 62 ply fury,
his 19 year old son has a 62 savoy
his 17 year old daughter drives a 65 satellite,

(this guy also has a 63 fury he drags, 63 fury he has just finished,
a 63 dodge waiting its turn, except for the satellite, they all have 2x4 cross-rams,)

a 64 ply 2dr post, we don't have any idea what the car is, savoy?
it is very plain basic body,
a 65 coronet, (also has 62 dodge)
a 63 fury and
a 63 dodge 330? (sorry, i don't know dodges)
my 65 satellite, all of the above have 440's,
a 64 dodge light weight with a hemi, this car is an original max-wedge,
but he keeps the original motor in a corner of his shop,
a 63 dodge original, unrestored max-wedge occasionally shows up

and on any given friday night, around a dozen other 62-65's
will show up. one night i counted 20 62-65 b-bodies
for some reason, just the b-body guys hang together, there
are usually a few a-bodies there also.

its free and of course since this is the great white north, it is only from
june to october

tom
65 sattellite

"Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have the same type camera. "You mean there were other Mopars there?"
is my reply. ;-)

Heh, heh. 10 '62 to '65 Mopars on a Friday night cruise would be enough
of an attraction. Snobbery? Nah! With such a critical mass of '62 to '65
Mopars nearby how could you tear yourself away? :-)

Gary H.

Gary Futrell wrote:

> I always hear it from our local club members when I go
> to a large Mopar show and post my pictures. They're
> usually about 95 percent of 62-65 Mopar pics. They
> alway ask me, " Wasn't there any other cars there
> besides the older Mopars ? ". I say yes, I just
> wasn't interested in taking any pictures of them.
>
> Gary
there is a group of about 10 of us with 62-65's who
> > get together at a friday night cruise, a buddy of
> > mine
> > calls us snobs, because we don't really pay
> > attention
> > to the "newer" mopars.
> >
> > how is that for a twist :-)
> >
> > tom
> > 65 satellite
> > www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/hechtt65.html

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
caadeMkbOgXg2f/Consumer Research

----