RE: more questions about my elec.ign swap

RE: more questions about my elec.ign swap

[AD removed for archives]
Investigate just about anyone and anything with Web Detective!
caadlCmbOyW3Na/Web Detective

Yea - Well - I am going to stur it up even more.
Put an HEI on it and forget it.

Earl

i can only sit on the sidelines for so long,

is this car just a junker, or is mcgyver a bigger hero than i thought he
was?
the msd or accel ignitions are much better than ma mopar both will will get
rid of the ballist resistor, and they rarely fail.
granted it is a little more up front, but a lot less later.
not to mention rev limiter,

ok i got that out of my system, i have a petronix converter in my small
block chevy, it works fine, but several people have told me to keep a spare,
because they have had them fail.

tom
65 satellite
57 chevy

Gary Wilson <MOPAR413@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have to disagree with Doug. Points dist in our older Mopars are generally
wore out. They usually have to much side to side play./ Electronic provide
the same amount of juice all the time. Electronic distr do not get the side
to side play that our point dist do. THat is because the point are not
rubbing against the dist cam. The disavantage is when the ecu quits your are
done. Have to replace it . Points you can usually get in. I just carry an
exta ECU and Ballast risitor with me.
Very seldom does the reluctor go bad. In the points dist when the shaft is
wore out you never have the same dwell. Jumps all over the place. Did not
say this to make anybody mad. Just my opinion. I was probably one of the
electronic's worst emeny when they first came out. Since then I have been a
believer. All my cars get electronic.

MOPAR413 (Gary) 64 Polora 500

>From: Robert neal zimmerman
>To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: more questions about my elec.ign swap
>Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:43:21 -0700
>
>[AD removed for archives]
>Help us support US Troops  Just Register Here.
>caadlVxb6eGsBa/Permission Data
>
> OK, hers acouple rwsponses- Doug u said u doubted that switching to
> electronic ign would give me better mileage or reliablity- why would
> anybody use it then? Then what is its advantage?
> Second- anybody else have experience with this GM HEI conversion-I
> went to the web page, looks fun hunting for those parts in the
> junkyard, although it sounds like heresy Neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon
>

>[AD removed for archives]
>Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
>caadlVBb6eGsBf/Amazing Computer
>
>----
>Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
>directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and
>negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
>recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
>protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
>content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
>
>'62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
>http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!

[AD removed for archives]
Is your PC running at 100%? Check your PC's health in 2 minutes!
caadlAsbOgXg2f/PC Health Check

----
directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations
topic. Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadlVBbV1hOjf/Amazing Computer

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Personals at Meeting Friends Online.
Find your perfect partner...We?re here to help.
Click below to register for FREE and start connecting!
caadmZ5bOyW3Nf/MeetingFriendsOnline

----

bOyW3N.