RE: mopar stuff

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadlVBbOyW3Na/Amazing Computer

Don,

I know, I know.  But for years I have seen GM and Ford cars at the drags
running good ol' Mopar breathers in their valve covers.  When I kid them
about it, they usually just shrug their shoulders and say something like
'it works for me.'

I am a die-hard Mopar fan, but I am not rich.  If I could dump twenty
grand in my car, I wouldn't look at anything if it didn't have pentastar
on the box.  But life has taught me to look at all options for a
possibly cheaper and/or better way.

Nothing is cheaper than an HEI module, or easier to find.  However,
since Mopar's is bigger and uses more parts, I understand it is probably
better, somehow.  But my electronic conversion is compact, reliable, and
cost me fifty bucks.  Plus, I don't have to worry about the ballast
resistor failing.  Who's gonna tell me that doesn't happen?  (Speaking
of which, one of the plugs to mine was melted--can anybody tell me if I
should be worried about anything?)  Further, when I put an A/C and
heater unit under my dash, I'll be glad I only have to find room for the
little HEI unit, instead of that big Mopar box.  I just searched the
internet for a high performance HEI module.  The most expensive one was
$45.00!!  The Mopar HP boxes are a lot more, but are they worth it?  I
am asking, I don't know, but would like to.

As for the alternator, if you guys know of a compact,
internally-regulated Mopar alternator that puts out a lot of power at
low RPM's, I'm all for it!  Please e-mail me.

But there must be a reason why Mopar-leaning companies are selling
bracket kits for the Toyota unit.

It took me thirteen years of searching to find a 64-65 Plymouth B-body
hardtop that was in good shape, and not priced out of this world.  Now,
if I was going to put, say, a Buick engine in it, THAT would be bad.
But, I tell you what, I am considering my friend's Ford wheels, because
they look great!

Sean Bolter

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
caadlVCbOyW3Nf/Consumer Research

----

bOyW3N.