Lower Control Arm Pivot Pin

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadtaHbOyW3Na/Amazing Computer

Folks,

I am rebuilding the front suspension on my '64 Fury.  Finished the right
side and am now working on the left (driver's) side ... in doing so, I
am installing poly control arm bushings.  When I did the right side, the
new bushing slid over the old bushing sleeve (with help from the goo
that was provided), and the pivot pin bolted right up.

I had to replace the pin on the driver's side because it was badly
narfed.  I bought a new pin made for poly bushings (no sleeve needed),
installed the bushing, slide the pivot pin in place, and threaded on the
new nut that came with the pin.

However ... I started tightening the nut, and the whole pin is spinning
in the bushing.  Ugh!  I don't remember having this problem when I did
the right side, but then again, that was last fall!

Any thoughts as to what I should do, or if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks ...

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

[AD removed for archives]
Help us support US Troops ? Just Register Here.
caadtaMbOyW3Nf/Permission Data

----

bOyW3N.