Re: Rockerarms adjustment

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
caadtaJbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

so, you would still be checking rockers every
so many miles? is there less need to stay
on top of these, as opposed to a solid cam?
though i have never had to adjust my solid
rockers, i still feel the need to check them often.
i have considered a hydraulic switch
to eliminate the need to check the rockers, but
you make a good argument to keep the adjustables.

tom
65 satellite

"Gary B." <wedge65@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The factory stamped steel rocker arms that are listed by the factory as 1.5
ratio are lucky if they are 1.42 ratio, so you are giving up some cam lift.
Also if we are running a hydraulic cam in a race type vehicle, we set the
push rod preload at about .0015 so there is less chance of lifter build up.

Gary Bradshaw
Ft. Worth, Texas