From: "Robert neal zimmerman" <northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: 1965 Barracuda 4 speed

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
caadtaGbOPmEKa/ProductTestPanel

cast cranks are sometimes called " externally balanced " cranks , so
they have thicker dampers on the front and u also have to balance the
flexplate/convertor  with the crank. Say u had a convertor/ flexplate
from a 727 torqueflite that had  run behind a steel crank 340, and u
replaced your 340 with a  360. Now the  360 " bolts up"to the  tranny
just fine , but the balance is off because the  360s had  cast
externally balanced cranks. My guess is the shop wuld have to add a
little weight to the convertor.  Thye do it by welding on little chunks
of metal, kind of like when u have your tires balanced
   neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadvf5bOPmEKf/Nexiderm

----
topic.  Thanks!