undewater 360

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
caadtaGbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

what damage can happen to a motor that went underwater or more
accurately when the exhaust system went underwater?
   Looking at a 1972 360 with the 915 j-heads for 100 bucks but the guy
   bogged the  4x4 out in a huge puddle and flooded the exhaust  pipes .
   he  said it was pretty " squeally " on the way home.
   he drained the oil pan and flushed the block with diesel when he got
   it home so it hasnt been sitting there filled with water and plus it
   just happened a few weeks ago.

  So what kind of damage should i look for? he says  i can pull the
  heads and  oil pan before i decide .
   I could use those heads for my 340, and a nice  thick wall early
   original bore 360 block would be nice to have around too.  Not
   expecting it to fire up and run, just wondering if the heads and
   block could still be  decent  " rebuiladable " quality stuff.
   neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadwPbbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.