Re: X vrs J

lets talk eddy's for a moment, i know of two sets that
are on race cars, both 440's with .590 purple shafts,
both have had issues, and when talking to eddy, were
told since they were used on race cars, there was no
warranty. (what did they think they would be used
for?)

you would have to work pretty hard to beat edd's on a
street engine, but indy sr's will outperform eddy's
any day of the week, and i have not heard of any
problems with durability.

i have steel just because i am retro enough to
apreciate a real "mopar" set-up,
but if you are building a motor to beat on, i would
avoid edelbrock.

tom
65 satellite

--- Don Dulmage <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Eddys are the best solution of you are not up to
> doing the proting etc. In the big block version they
> come a bit large in the cc dept. (88 and 84) for a
> magnum bigblock (68 to 74) I would prefer 80ccs and
> especially since the felpro gaskets that are used
> with aluminum heads (cant use the steel ones) are
> 020 thicker   (019 to 022" depending on supplier for
> composition gaskets) I would like to see and do
> slice 020 off of them right away as a minimun.
> They are the ideal solution for a bolt on good
> flowing head. The Eddys for the big block out flow
> even the best ported iron heads by about 6 cfm. That
> is not a great deal but they beat average ported
> heads by a good 15 cfm. They are a good solution.
> The same applies for the small block. Small block
> heads port very well once you learn what to do. Not
> everyone wants to do a set themselves and if not the
> eddys are an excellant alternative.
>
> NOW  we come to the contarversial part. Having more
> flow than you need will NOT give you more HP. Having
> too much will kill torque as the ports are lazy at
> moderate speeds. The big Indys , even the first iron
> ones were like this . Eddy has filled the gap and
> his heads are more suited to the more popular
> reasonable priced engines. I would say on a big
> block 440 they are good to 6500 rpm , maybe a bit
> more in a 400. The indys by the way dont show any
> improvement in performance over  good proted irons
> (on the time ticket which is all that counts)until
> the engine reaches above 7000 -7400 range.  (Ported
> stage 6 are similar.)
> The average normal 440 cannot stand this RPM with
> stock components for very long if at all  so the
> whole deal goes kaput unless huge bucks are spent.
> Eddy filled the void nicely and are a very practical
> alternative.  Engine speeds can be kept reasonable
> and power will be great.
> If you have to pay to have your heads ported etc etc
>  it is probably a better deal to go with the Eddys.
> If you willing to spend a few days eating grinder
> dust then 452s will keep you in the fight and if you
> keep everything matched  you will still have a
> killer motor. (Cam carb Rpm range intake headers
> converter  gears. ) For the small block X or Js
> thesame applies.
> Oh yeah, SR Indys  (a clamed down version) were
> intorduced for these very reasons and are similar in
> concept to the Eddys
>
> Don
> Author of
> Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
> Old Reliable (Mopar)
> http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises
> removed]
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
>
> Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees
> Automatically
> invest weekly or monthly and build your future.

caadtaKbOgXg2f/Sharebuilder

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail