Re: Eddy

both of these guys had valve guide issues, the guides
were "oblonged" and the valves would not seat,
important to note in both of these cars the heads had
not been touched, makes me weary of how well they will
hold up if you start to remove material.

these were first generation heads, so maybe they have
dealt with the problems, but it is the lack of
warranty that makes me avoid edelbrock. from all i
have heard these heads are intended for the street
only.

for what its worth, i ran them on one of my engines,
that would race about once a month, and then street
every weekend, and they worked well for me, as you
stated, if not doing the port work yourself, the price
of the eddy's is hard to beat.

the only advice i would offer anyone is "know what you
want the engine to do, before you build it",
another gentlman stated the difference in
price/quality of paint jobs, the same is true of
engine building.

tom
65 satellite

--- Don Dulmage <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tom
> I had not heard of problems . What sort? We have two
> cars in our area running them.
> I have exerience with te Stage 6s and they were a
> nigtmare to get prepped but are ok now.
> I myself am an iron head guy as well.
> I am doing an updated OR engine , street version for
> a guy and he insisted on Eddys and aftermarket Rods.
> The rods are not as good as I hoped for.
> Don
> Author of
> Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
> Old Reliable (Mopar)
> http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises
> removed]
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
>
> Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees
> Automatically
> invest weekly or monthly and build your future.

caadtaKbOgXg2f/Sharebuilder