RE: the fault was neither electrical or logical

RE: the fault was neither electrical or logical

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadAcrbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

Don't beat yourself up ... we have all done way worse (at least I have).
 One time, a long time ago when I was actually getting paid (very
little) to wrench, I had a customer come in the shop and ask if his car
was done.  Just prior to that I had placed a battery charger on the guys
car to make sure he was good to go after all the work I had done.

On my suggestion, he jumped in the car and started it up to hear how
fine of a job I had done.  Once starter, he called me over to look at
his ammeter ... it was pegged.  I immediately recognized that the
charger was still hooked-up, and my famous (last) words to him, as I was
disconnecting the charger, were "watch this."

He got a show all right.  I didn't disconnect the power cord or shut the
charger off before I pulled the clamps off of the battery posts, and
BLAM!  Blew the friggin' battery to kingdom come, spewing acid all over
the guys car, and all over me.

Fortunately, I only received minor burns, I had to clean up the dude's
car, and well, suffer the embarrassment!

My best story is about the old couple in the motor home that trusted me
to do their brakes ... but will save that for another time!  :-()

Jim

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

Greg Free wrote:

> I did indeed short the 2 solenoid connecting posts with the battery
> cable.  Plain as day - how can anyone do something like this?  It was
> too obvious.

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1,000 to spend on groceries? any way you please. Click here!
caadAcAbOyW3Nf/GrocerySpree

----

bOyW3N.