Low milage/old motor - long post

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadz4ebOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

Stan and group;  I saw your reply to Neil about a sludged up  motor.  I just
got done refurbishing a 66 383 hp with 42 k  miles. Was a little old lady car
that ran really good. It was exactly  as Stan described.  The innards were
pretty clean but had about an eighth  inch of sludge on the rockers, springs and
push rods.  There were heavier  pockets of gunk in the valley and heads where
the oil accumulates.  I  pulled the heads and cleaned out the valley, taking
care not to let  anything fall into the motor.  Put in new valve seals and a
timing set  along with a Roadrunner cam.  Also replaced core plugs with brass
and a new  cam plug.

  I need to run something through the motor to clean up the rest of  the
gunk, but have to break in the cam first, I guess.  Will running the  atf method
hurt a fresh cam (after the break in) or should I get a couple  of thousand
miles on it first?  Any other suggestions on cleaning the  engine interior?  The
383 is just a back up motor for my 451 and will be  bagged and tagged after
the break in and cleaning.    Sorry for  the long post.    Joe

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
caadAcqbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.