RE: Summmit cams

[AD removed for archives]
FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve
your child?s reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
caadCUzbOyW3Na/Zoobooks

Tom,

All cam manufactures put out their cam specks based on what the
stock rocker ratio is for the particular car manufacturer. IE Chrysler
uses 1.5 rockers. But by using that as a base line, dose not preclude
you from using 1.6 or 1.7 rocker arms. You just need to make sure
you compensate for the additional lift and duration. One of the old
Chevy tricks is to use 1.5 on the intake and 1.6 on the exhaust. You
can do the same thing with Mopars, based on what your trying to
achieve with your engine combo. It would be no big deal to throw
a set of 1.6's at your Ultradyne.

Earl

Don said: >snip< "Ultrdyne has mopar specific but for me the lifts are too
high for the duration  which is do say they do not match the reality of the
iron head engnes."

thanks for using the "for me" in your message Don.

my car is a fully dressed street car running 11.30's, that is, all steel,
full interior, crank driven alternator and waterpump,the only difference
from cruise night is slicks. this is a true street car which gets its share
of street time!
for further drama, it is stock crank, rods and ross flat tops, with worked
452's, simply put this engine is really just heads and a very nasty sounding
(and performing} cam.

for me, it is hard to beat an ultradyne cam, for price and performance. my
car has had the same crane (1.5) rockers for many years and a few different
cams, but nothing will wake up the engine like an ultradyne.

correct me if i am wrong, but the numbers for racer brown and ultradyne are
really not that different, when you consider racer brown says that you must
use
1.5/1.6 rocker ratios to get there cam to work. (1.6 translates into higher
lift?)

on the other hand ultradyne designs there cam for
1.5/1.5 rockers (99% of the mopars already have these)

i have never run racer brown, if i have to replace my rockers someday, i
would likely look at them.

but you can't really compare racer brown to the others, since the others are
all designed for 1.5/1.5
(normal) rockers

tom
65 satellite

Discover Yahoo!

http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadAckbOyW3Nf/Nexiderm

----

bOyW3N.