RE: Carb Tuning

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadHlnbOyW3Na/Nexiderm

Stumped? Seems like no one has adjusted a AFB by-pass idle.

The book "Carter Carburetors" by Dave Emanuel published by Motorbooks
which seems is out of print and supersceded by the book "Super Tuning
and Modifying Carter Carburetors" by David Emanuel. Apparently the
original edition does not cover AFB by-pass idle adjustment. Don't know
about the 2nd edition. Anyone?

Also there's a Federal-Mogul Publication Catalog #1000 that says this is
available: "#1602 Carter AFB Tuning Manual" (38 pages) and to call
1-800-325-8886 to order...

But Federal-Mogul's Web page reads:

"If you have access to a fax machine, you can take advantage of our
automated Federal-Mogul Faxback system (in North America) by dialing
1-888-819-5681. Federal-Mogul offers this toll-free automated
"Fax-on-Demand" system to retrieve product technical information 24
hours a day, seven days a week. By using a touch-tone telephone, you can
call and order selected documents delivered to your fax machine in a
matter of minutes. A variety of technical bulletins and training
opportunities are available through this service."

All that said, anyone know if "#1602 Carter AFB Tuning Manual" has info
on the by-pass idle adjustment?

Gary H.

Red Thrasher wrote:
> Hello Group.  I have a 62 Dart 413 with dual inline 4's.  They are
> AFB's, #3258 front and 3259 rear.  On the front of each carb between the
> two idle mixture screws there is a larger screw called "by-pass idle air
> adjustment".  I have a Carter book that shows the parts breakdown and
> covers just about everything you would ever want to know about these
> carbs, BBBBBUUUTTTT, I cannot find one word listed about how to set the
> by-pass idle adjustment.  Any of you carb experts got any clues on
> this???  Thanks and HAND-------Red

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1,000 to spend on groceries? any way you please. Click here!
caadHlsbOyW3Nf/GrocerySpree

----

bOyW3N.