Re: help with cable

on mine, the heavy cable goes over the top, around the
front of, then back under the starter (tucked against
the block) this gives it a straight shot to the
mounting bracket on the trans.
i have a clip connected to a bolt on my oil pan that
can slip the cable into to keep it off the headers.
my cable is about an inch from the header and i have
had no problems.
my car had factory cable floor shifter, so i just fed
it through the factory hole in the floor.
this is 440, but a small block should be similar.

tom
65 satellite