Re: I hate ebay...follow up.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
caaa9eYbOyW3Na/TopOffers
*******Rob,
  Other than hating Camero driving trailer red necks,
shouldn't you be mad at yourself for not doing your
homework? Either stating that the product would be
shipped at actual cost or you would let them know what
the actual cost would be? It is not the guy you sold
the scoop to fault, why be mad at him, other than he
drives a Chevy.*****************

Hello List

I apoligize to the list for my "i hate ebay post" .....

It turned out a bit "testier" than I had planned...

First of all I don't hate rednecked tans-camero drivers or
trailer house liver-inners...half my relatives and
acquaintances fit those descriptions.

A lot of the stuff I sell is not packed until after the sale....

I try to give a range for shipping with a link to ups...the hood
scoop came up at UPS $60.00 + because of the size, but the Post Office
site did not flag size...and based on weight $25.00 looked like a good number..the estimate from Fed EX was $35.00...The $25.00 to $35.00 was
listed as my best guess for shipping in my description.

After the scoop was packed it picked up a couple of inches in all directions
due to the packing material. Now when punched into the USPS site it fell into the oversized class...$123.00....fedex came in at $38.00

The buyer was contacted and told the details.

I had the joy of being abused by email and phone...

I offered him the option of not buying the scoop but he really wanted it, continuing
to accuse me of jacking him on the shipping.

I then told him I could sent it COD UPS at $60.00 plus COD fees or $38.00 FedEX .

He agreed to FedEx....He sent me a personnal check (not on my payment types) and once
it cleared, I fedexed him the scoop.

I left him positive feedback

His feedback for me read "item was as described shipping was more than quoted"

How this episode makes me a hater of all things rednecked is beyond me...and i've seen
the tails lights of a few really quick trans-cameros.

I can say is that the person involved will not be allowed to deal with me again.

As far as being "mad at myself" for not doing my homework, I invite you to go
to ebay and check out maxsat65's feedback for my record of the junk I buy and sell
on ebay.

Once again sorry for the slant on the original post

Rob in phx

I sold an ugly "Gary H" style tunnel ram snorkle
scoop to some trans-camero owner living in a trailer park
in penn....

In the listing my best guess for shipping was $25
for post office and $35 for ups..

After i spent a half of a day with foam packing and
cardboard , i had a box.

Turns out the boxes' L+W+H was oversize and  would
cost $123 parcel post.

I sent it for $37 fedex and got crap for
overcharging for shipping.

I hope his trans-camero drag car gets beaten every
time out by the street mopars that populate penn......

rob in phx
maxsat65 on ebay

---- Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

bOyW3N.