RE: Spring Relocation

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caadOvZbOyW3Na/Ice Cream Research Survey

Guys I understand how you feel. The first one I did got me all twurped out
also.
Here are a couple of hints. I know you might not understand this until you
have
finished your project, but try to. Little known fact one, It does not matter
where
the box goes in the frame, as long as it is the same on both sides - side to
side -
and it is far enough back and up for the spring to fit without binding. What
"does
matter" is where the hole is in the box. Believe it or not, this is the easy
part.
If one box is a bit higher in the frame or a bit further back it is no be
deal as
long as you drill the hole for the spring in the right place. Since the
stock hangers
can be mounted up while your trial fitting the box before welding, (the only
thing
that is important with the trial fit is that it is square and parallel to
the frame) you
can mark the hole location with the stock frame hangers and a 9/16 bolt thru
the
hole in the stock hangers. Once you have them marked, drill the hole, drill
it square thru both sides,
then get some 9/16 threaded stock, cut it off about 14" long, put it thru
the hole in
the box, then thru the stock hanger, and bingo, you box is in the right
place front
to back. Then make sure the box is right side to side, and tack weld it.
Then finish
welding you box into place and hang your springs. This is way easier to do
than
to explain. If you have any questions, ping me off line, or call me. I will
be glad
to help. Making a card board pattern the same size as your box, and marking
the
frame before cutting makes it easy. Cut it smaller than your pattern, and
grind to
fit. 800-688-3234

Earl

Im about to do the same thing to mine Ill post how it goes. Im having a
tough time deciding cutting the frame rails also.
Kelly
64 sport fury

Apologies for bringing this up again, but I'll soon be starting the task and
I want to be sure to hear about your experiences, if possible.  Has anyone
used the Relocation Kit from Mopar, and have you seen the info on the
BigBlockDart pages (see below)?

http://www.bigblockdart.com/springs/springs.shtml

Is this pretty close what I can expect on my B-body?

I am wondering if this is really worth it.  I want to fit some bigger meats
under the back of the Fury, but cutting up the frame rails ...
hmmm ... getting nervous ...

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

[AD removed for archives]
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
caadOurbOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----