Re: 65 Wheels was Wheels

On 8/17/05, Don Hudson <mopar4me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Along the same thread, anyone have any idea what will fit under an early
> (65) A Body.  I am planning on using 15 in J Body 10 spoke wheels.  I
> estimate the maximum is going to be around 205-60 15s

I'm actually interested in the same information, since I'm in the
middle of setting up a '65 Dart for autocross/road racing.

There was just a message on another list this morning about this same
subject.  The guy has a couple of '66 A-bodiest and uses 16x8" Cragers
with 5" backspacing with 245 45 16 tires.  They fit with no problems
on the rear, and the fronts required a bit of trimming and rolling of
the fender lip.

He also suggested 225 50 15 tires on a 15"x7" with 4" to 4.5" back spacing rim.

-- Tony  brummett@xxxxxxxxx
'64 Dodge 440
'65 Dart GT
'05 Magnum