reversing pistons

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
caadV2bbOyW3Na/Amazing phone

pin offfset in BB mopars is quite large. it is so big you can see it with your eye. Reversing places the offset opposite the load side so it doesnt drag or push as hard against the cylinderwall. that is where a lot of the extra power comes from. BTW if you can hear the noise from reverse hanging pistons you have better ears than me. I have built reverse hung hi po motors for many many years and have yet to hear any distinguishable noise from any of them.
Six pack rods may seem heavy and it is popular to po po them but I have here an old engineering report that claims they are almost twice as strong.  That is what it says.
I dont see anyone rushing out to put ligter rods in their Hemi and the six pack rods are certainly not as heavy as them. BTW eagle H beams are not all that light on the scale either.
Me i dont subscribe to the lighter weight internals will make you street style or bracket car measurably faster. Have tried it in two customers engines at their request . never saw any measurable repeatable difference in mPh or et.  Built Old reliable both ways as well. Six pack rods and then LYs.
Your view may vary but if i dont get it plain on the et  mph slip myself I dont believe it.
If i was building a killer however and money was not an object i would use  light weight pistons and h beam rods in a heartbeat. Mostly for the reliability factor though.
I say all this just so we will be careful not to chuck good parts unwittingly over the weight issue. The hemi rods are unquestionably much stronger than any 440 rod and sit on a crank of exactly the same stroke. They are also a heck of a lot heavier. the super I beam rods many companies like cat etc make for extreme use engines  like promods etc are exyemely heavier  if you look at the advertsed weights.Worrying about this stuff or street or bracket type engines is like the kid with the 300hp small block chevy being concerned that he needs a steel crank and four bolt mains. At those levels it just flat out aint necessary and doesnt make any difference.
Don
May all our Texans and their Mopars stay high and dry is my wish for the day
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad0PSbOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----

bOyW3N.