Re: major bummer

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad0PFbOyW3Na/Superb Rewards

On 58 09/28/05, Ben Jr. Morgan wrote:
> Love to help you out Robert, but I'm gonna keep my extra setup (nyah
> nyah..just kidding ya) you can use an A body 4 speed (easier to find?)but
> the shifter will be a couple inches forward, hell, makes it easier to use
> a Hurst shifter, you wont need that little bend in there if you need to
> clear a bench seat. Still gotta be from an early A body dart or something,
> unless you plan on using a different kind of drive line too.

I don't think that is correct.  The A-body shifter mount is a few inches
behind a B-body shifter mount.  The B-body has the shortest shift rods
of them all (except for a van), An A-body 4spd in a B-body would
position the shifter farther back on the tunnel that the regular B-body
position   (Of course Neal's A-833 as E-body provisions as well as
B-body provisions for a shifter).

a bid question mark would be the cross-member location and the clearance
of the reverse shift rod, which hangs underneath on an A-body.

If you were going to attempt an A-body 833 in a B-body, you'd want
the 66 & up style to avoid the ball & trunion, right?  either a B&T or
a slip-yoke would require a modified driveshaft, and a slip-yoke is
generally easier to deal with in that regard.

[AD removed for archives]
Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
caadVJ0bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----

bOyW3N.