RE: Motorhome 440?

[AD removed for archives]
caad3p7bOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

True motorhome heads will have figure 8 water passages, instead of the
std round ones. More coolant capacity,and more surface area, means more
heat exchange. Also, motorhome heads have smaller chevy type peanut
plugs, with a smaller thread size. This allows more coolant around the
spark plug for better cooling. Both of these help reduce detonation.

I recently passed on a 77 440 motorhome engine with 60K miles for $400.
Probably shouldnt have, but didnt need it. Depending on the mileage and
the over all condition, they are usually a $500 motor.

Doc.

Bob Fortson wrote:

> late seventies (75/76) 440 w/ 452 heads...
>
> Increased thickness of mounting ears to bellhousing
> and motor mounts...increased webbing cast in
> block...452's have hardened valve seats for unleaded
> fuel and redesigned ports.
>    Our Don D. loves the 452 for building...less work
> needed...more results than 915's or 906's...
>
> Bob Fortson
> --- Sean B <polecat2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Your free subscription is supported by today's
> > sponsor:

> > Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
> > No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
> > Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
> >
> caadVJ0bQmH9Ma/911PaydayAdvance

> > I forgot to add:  I didn't check the year, but it
> > has a Thermoquad
> > intake and a cast crank, based on the thick damper.
> >

> > Sean B wrote:
> > >
> > > My friend, an automotive machinist, wants to sell
> > me a late '70s
> > > motorhome 440.  What's the difference between this
> > and a car 440?  He
> > > says the exhaust valves have rotaters on them.  I
> > checked the casting
> > > numbers, they are 452's.  Can anybody help?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Sean
> >
> > Your free subscription is supported by today's
> > sponsor:

> > New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil.
> > Stores up to 3
> > Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
> > caad0PFbQmH9Mf/Superb
> > Rewards

> > ----
> > Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> > only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> > send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> > as other personal messages only to the intended
> > recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> > practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> > volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> > Mopar topic.  Thanks!
> >
> > '62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> > http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

----

bOyW3N.