RE: Mystery--oil usage part 2

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caad3QabOyW3Na/Viewer Survey

laborboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks for all the great replies, guys! To answer a few of the questions
>
> asked:
>
> 1. Machine shop bored cylinders .30. Very reputable shop, have done
> Mopars.
>
> 2. Used moly rings, Fel-Pro Sealed Power--both times.
>
> 3. Remember, they re-honed the cylinders and replaced the rings a second
>
> time, so a ring problem is less likely given that it was using oil both
> times.
>
> 4. Valve seals used were brand new Teflon.
>
> * What I gather so far is that I should do a compression test, then
> remove the heads and have the valve stems and seals checked (Don
> suggested the bronze guides often are a problem). Could be that
> something caused one to fail, particularly on the cylinders where the
> plugs show fouling.
>
> Does anyone think I could have a crack in the block causing this
> leakage?

Something that just occurred to me after rereading your post is the
intake gasket/manifold area. Sometimes it's tough to keep everything in
place when putting the manifold on. If any machining was done it may
have messed up the match. Also that little fall may have caused a
problem you didn't consider.

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2bOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----

bOyW3N.