RE: Under carpet sound / heat shield

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caad3QabOyW3Na/Viewer Survey

I just did this in August. I went to an auto upholstery shop and got
their 1/2" sound deadener. Got enough to cover the floor from under the
cowl up to the package tray, hung an extra piece behind the back seat
top. Still had some left and spent just under $30. Seems to work pretty
good to me, and the price was CHEAP! Jegs sells sound deadener, but it
would have cost me $100 to cover what I did.
Jeff
Dennis C. wrote:

> I am looking for suggestions for what to put under the carpet for sound
> and heat shielding.
>
> There are many products on the market from sheet material to spray on
> products.
>
> If I recall correctly someone on this board mentioned using a roofing
> material but I don't recall the details.
>
> Thanks
> Dennis C.
>
> 64 Plymouth Belvedere 318
> 63 Plymouth SF work in progress

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2bOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----

bOyW3N.