oilleqaking covers

[AD removed for archives]
Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work properly?
Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved. Learn More.
caad3QXbOyW3Na/LightFrog

Yes in both cases the engines were pumping oil out the breathers  not actually leaking at the flange and neither engine had any blowby either. Just too much oil flying around with improper baffling. Look in the MP performance catalog . See the unpainted covers listed and read what it says about how PROPER baffling can be welded in. Gregs  new baffles by the way are bolt ins and completely cured the problem. They look factory made but then he is a Millwright/ Indusrial Mechanic by profession.
To be honest at first you would think it was the gasket  and it only happened if you pounded on the car or Wagers only showed up when the engine got above 5000 . Wagers was so bad everyone thought the engine was blowing including him but when we checked the car in the shop the inside of the headers were a soft dry powder grey so we knew the engine wasnt pumping it out the exhaust although it looked like that. The breather side of the engine though was drenched in oil as were the headers. (I never use fancy stuff so I had not had this problem.) The only thing he had changed was the covers so we knew that was probllem. Greg showed up then with his first milder 440 with exactly the same problem. I showed Greg it was a baffling problem (no visable blowby) and he promptly redesigned them and that was the end of it. Gary took a bit longer but that was the end of his problems too. We also have a guy in town with a done  440 with eddys and he had them on with the same problem. Last cruise night I see he has the stock orange covers back on the engine.
With that much oil flying around up there it simply takes more than the silver dollar sized baffle they come with to keep it from being thrown out.
Me I take the stock covers  clean them up good. Install my 426 decals then carefully tape them off. I spray the covers with spatter paint and then give them a coat of frame/ roll bar paint. I remove the tape as soon as possible so it doesnt stick to hard on the decals . Easy to do and it gives the look i want. Oh BTW i am alergic to chrome or aluminum. Not really me but my wallet is. Ich bin zu eng!
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2bOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----

bOyW3N.