RE: PARTS

As you know the 2536430 castings were 1966-72
production...which means some blocks may have been
installed in '73's. Also, and more to the point, not
all blocks were stamped hp when used in high
performance app.'s AND NOT ALL high performance app.'s
were stamped hp. This is a totally unreliable (and
confusing) marking...Momma Mopar was not the Library
of Congress when it came to keeping records correct.
   The "green" paint you describe is the production
color for many big block applications in various
production lines...Chrysler,Plymouth,Dodge, etc.

Don't get hung up on labels...especially since the
"hp" means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when talking about block
castings...all blocks were cast the same and then it
was "labeled" when made into an engine...most "hp"
labels referred to head and intake/carb
up-grades...this could be as simple as stouter valve
springs...

Any casting changes or block design changes were
universal and got a new casting number.

Bob Fortson

--- ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work
> properly?
> Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved.
> Learn More.

caad3QXbQmH9Ma/LightFrog

> I have a question...both the 440 blocks are painted
> factory green, one
> is lighter than the other. I thought all 440 high
> performance motors
> were painted orange. Anybody know what these came
> out of?
> 2536430-8
> 2536430-10
> Jeff
> ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I've gotten all the parts home now, no thanks to
> the jerkoff who I got
> > them from. He never showed up to help me load
> them. I have done a quick
> > once-over to see what is there. I will have 2 1970
> 440 blocks back from
> > being baked next week. If any is interested in any
> of these parts email
> > me off list. I have a Mopar spring relocation kit
> nib, 1 Accel dual
> > point RB dist, 1 Mopar RB dual point, 2 Mopar B
> dual points, 1 RB
> > Mallory super-mag, no cap or rotor, 1 set of 360
> bare heads, 1 having
> > had some intake port work. 1 set of leaf springs,
> 44" eye-eye, look
> > fairly new, 2 Mopar cast RB 4-bbl intakes, 1 set
> of aluminum rocker
> > stands(factory). There is also a new set of
> Dynomax ceramic coated
> > headers, but I don't know what they fit...not
> Mopar or Chevy, so if
> > anyone has another brand they need headers for,
> let me know. I'm not
> > looking to get rich off these parts, and if they
> don't sell here I will
> > Ebay them, shipping will be whatever the cost, no
> extra fees. Don't know
> >
> > about shipping the blocks, never done that yet. If
> any list members buy
> > a block, I will deliver it for free within 100
> miles of Columbus, Ohio.
> >

> > Jeff Adams
> > 64 Polara
>

> Jeff Adams
> 64 Polara
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be
> yours free! Find
> out how!
> caad32RbQmH9Mf/Amazing
> phone

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/