American Hot Rod/Chopper

[AD removed for archives]
Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work properly?
Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved. Learn More.
caad3QXbOyW3Na/LightFrog

Boyd wouldnt know a Rat Rod from a Subaru. Nothing made by Boyd would
ever be allowed in the  "Hunnert Car Pile Up"  (
http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/ check itout cool stuff) The guys at
that show are true rodders in MHO.  His cars, while beautiful, are bling
bling billet show cars. He is a good painter, so is Charlie, but his
cars arent "Hot Rods". The term Hot Rod to me applies to a home built
highly modified car, built by the owner for the owner. Perhaps back in
the day, he may have made a few such cars, but now, its all billet, SBC
powered, show cars built for wealthy guys who apparantly feel the need
to compensate for their lack of....well add your favorite term here.

I dont blame him for farming the interior out, its almost more of an art
form than simple talent.

The guys from Chopper have two things going for them. One, they struck
with a great idea while the iron was hot. Two they are aparantly mopar
guys. These guys have NO cred in the biker world. Many people have told
horror stories about bikes bought from them. (poor quality, non-existant
warranty, so service) If you are into bikes like I am then you probably
already know this. I quit watching when Paul Sr. built the reindeer
bike. While for a good cause, it was a complete waste. Mikey is the best
part of the show. They have some talent there for certain, but I think
as time goes by, less and less talent will be used and more machines
like the flowjet will take over.

I like Jesse James. He certainly lives up to his namesake. Monster
Garage gets a bit tiresome, some of their projects are dumb. The 54
Chevy was awesome. THAT hot rod crew knows their stick. Complete
opposites of Boyd. The one with the high school kids was good as well.

Well, thats my 2 cents. Hopefully I didnt tick off too many people.

Doc.

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad3PYbOyW3Nf/Superb Rewards

----

bOyW3N.