To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 9:23 AM
Subject: alternator brackets

[AD removed for archives] ------------------------------------------------------------------- So Much Television, Such Little Time! In Love with Lost(TM) or Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either show! caaeatAbUYx2xa/Viewer Survey -------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the middle of determining which alternator backets to use
on the 440 in my 63 Dodge.

Chrysler use a few different seto f alternator brackets during
the early sixties.  One of them was a cast iron piece that bolted
with three bolts to the front on the passenger head and held
the bottom of the alternator.  It positions the alternator
up high.  I've seen it used on early sixties B/RBs,  and this
particular set, I believe came off a 65 Coronet convertible
361 car that had PS & AC.   In any case, I'd like to use them
if I can, but my concern is that the later heads I'm using
(902's) don't have the same provisions for alternator brackets
as the 516 and earlier heads, and only 2 of the 3 bolts will
line up.

Is anyone using this 3 bolt cast bracket on a latter head?
Will the 2 bolts suffice?

Doug in Athens

[AD removed for archives]
FREE DVR
And up to 3 additional standard receivers!
Call 1-800- 901 - 5080 Today
caaeas1bUYx2xf/DirectSatTV

----

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3 Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!

----

bOyW3N.