To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:29 PM
Subject: lokar or regular update

[AD removed for archives] ------------------------------------------------------------------- So Much Television, Such Little Time! In Love with Lost(TM) or Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either show! caaeatAb3n3t4a/Viewer Survey -------------------------------------------------------------------

well i made it to the weekend, shifting manually.  took the "broken linkage"
out of the car and into the parts dip.  upon closer inspection, i notice it
is not broken, but the linkage retaining clip had broken.  quick drive to
car quest and .50 US later i'm back in business.  car shifts normally once
again.  thank god.

when i got the 66 satellite 10 years ago as a father son project to make a
daily drive for him.  i had the single exhaust system replaced with dual.
apparantly, the exhaust pipe was set too close to the linkage, and when it
pivoted down under acceleration or for kick down, it rubbed against the pipe
ever so slightly.  well it took 10 years for it to wear all the way thru.
seems that there wasn't a washer on the pivot rod out of the transmission,
so the assembly could move over and touch the exhaust pipe.  it has a new
washer now.  and every thing clears.
thanks to all who offered advice.

john
64 valiant vert back in the garage for the winter
66 satellite 318 poly shifting normally
70 300 hurst

[AD removed for archives]
caaeatrb3n3t4f/PC PowerScan

----

[AD removed for archives]
Oprah vs Dr. Phil- who is your favorite? Vote now.
caaeatsbOyW3Nf/Your opinion

----

bOyW3N.