RE: A990 grill

Jim Schild's booklet "Authenticity Guide -- 1965 Dodge and Plymouth Hemi
Super Stocks (listed on
http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/restore2003.html) notes that later in
the 1965 race season the Dodge inner headlights were added back in to
make the car look more like the stock version. -- "Race on Sunday, buy
on Monday"

So you can be A990 correct with either style grill. :)

Gary H.
p.s., the booklet gives a general description about how the grills were
modified.

> >  Can anybody give me exact instructions on making an A990 grill for a '65
> >
> >  Coronet? I have a couple of extra grills and extra headlight doors. I am
> >
> >  not trying to make a clone. I just like the looks of the single
> >  headlight setup. I need to know exactly where to cut and where to pop
> >  rivet.
> >
> > '65 Coronet 500 stroker

----

bSONJP.