RE: rear suspension

It sounds like the new front hangers changed the horizontal pitch of the
front spring eyes.  Are you installing the relocation kit?  If you are,
the way to make sure the front sping eye is positioned correctly would
be to reinstall the factory front hanger, then align the hole in the
relocation box by running a bolt or rod though the old front hanger and
marking it in the box.

I recieved a ton of help from Earl Helm on this, and would be glad to
forward to you the notes I consolidated during many of our "coachable
moments."

Regards,

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

moparbikeguy@xxxxxxx wrote:

> When the springs were installed in the stock location, with the
> superstock front hangars, the flat part of the spring where the housing
> mounts on the perches, are at two different angles (about 3 degrees
> different) from each other. I tightened the U bolts on the right side
> and then tightened the left, but obviousle, it loads the springs.  I
> need to figure if this is normal or if the springs are somehow
> incorrect. I have put about 150 miles on the car and there doesn't seem
> to be any problem, but .........
>
> '65 Coronet 500 stroker

----

bSONJP.