RE: water ox

Don Dulmage wrote:

> Great improvements Richard. How come you avoided the water box . I guess
> cause you are not running slicks.  3 .91s may be a bit much . What is
> the HEIGHT of your tire measured with a tape measure ?
> My fiend G wager is getting me to help with a poly project for a 65 fury
> 3 speed stick.
> @ 4bbl , 340 stick grind 268 duration on the stock cam core. Convert to
> hysdraulics and a bot of head work , just minor for streetuse. Already
> we have the 360 crank in. They are a wonderful engine. I wish I could
> get a cylinder head cut in half  just above the vavle seals parralel
> with the head gasket surface. I think we could really make these old
> girls dance with a bt of judicious redesign.  After mods one could make
> I think a new core for the modified design from the two pieces and voila
> . New Poly heads, Maybe aluminum even!!!!
>  I stated out with a 58 Dodge poly. it is on my website. Was a lot of
>  fun.

I'm trying to make a few passes after each improvement so I can see how
it effects the final product. The tires are part of the original stuff
to be discarded for better stickier ones. My bottom end needs lot's of
help to get and keep the rpm's up into the range it starts making power
and torque. Torque comes on at lower R's but mine doesn't have much pull
until I pass the 3000rpm's. I really don't feel anything special
happening with my Dynamics 3000 stall converter either. I don't feel the
"bang" but I doubt that the tires allow it to happen. I could spin these
hard old tires with the 12:20 set-up. They are junk for the new set-up.
This will be changed. I'll make some runs with new tires, suspension and
the sure-grip 3:23 to see how that works but I'm sure I'll want the
3:91's or steeper. (1/8th mile) I will give it a try first.

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----

bSONJP.