Re: Hella of a bright idea!

and of course Gary's website 1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com
<http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/welcome.html>
the most helpful of all, thanks Gary!

Schuyler
Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>

On Nov 2, 2006, at 1:23 PM, Schuyler wrote:

I just wanted to say, that I upgraded my headlights and wiring with relays as
the Daniel Stern website describes-
<http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html>

I added Hella H-4's. Now I'm happy to say this mod worked out great!
My head light switch does not heat up anymore,
normal driving lights (low beam) have improved and high beam is just incredible! I changed nothing under the dash. I ran new wires (14 gage) from the terminal at the fire wall to the relays, took the power with fuses right off the back of the Alt. and used 12 gage wire up front and for all the grounds. It was a PITA rebuilding the pig tails that plug into the back of the lamps, with 12 gage wires, but I managed. I should of got the stuff from Daniel Stern's web site, but thought I could save a little and do it myself. He was right, 12 gage connectors for the back of the headlights are hard to find!, none existent as far as I'm concerned.

anyway his site was very helpful. and having a service manual for my car, so I could find, identify
and trace the wires needed was a big help also.

Schuyler
 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>
FYI - I Do the Decal designs for the Poly head 318 and more! email me with your needs -
 <schuyler62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--

----

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.-- ^----------------------------------------------------------------