rustoleum

Ok, I put the first coat down in about five or six spot tests that were fairly good sized so I could try different things with each one. I thinned the paint enough so that it ran off the spoon I was mixing it with fairly quickly, but was no where near forming drops. It just kind of forms a solid yet quickly moving run off of the spoon when held in the air. I put the first coat down very very lightly, so much so that it doesn't even cover everything. Though you wouldn't expect it to when you're covering white paint with "Regal Red". Immediately the paint seemed to "boil" as my coworker put it until all the air came out and it left a texture that was slightly wavy. I expect that after another coat and wet sanding this paint will look very smooth indeed.

The other hurdle to jump is how much pressure you put on the roller and which direction you run the roller. I found that you pretty much had to let the weight of the roller itself do the work. I would run it forward and back, pick it up and move it over, run it forward and back and so on. Then I would run it at a right angle across what I just did without adding more paint, just to make sure it was nice and smooth. If you press too hard and don't lift before you move over, your roller will leave tracks.

So far, coming from a guy who has never painted a car in his life, this seems pretty darn easy. And its pretty good and glossy too.

Polara_Blues (aka Ben Morgan Jr.)
Me Wicked Wagon (aka The Beast):
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17688554/<http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17688554/>
UPDATE: