RE: Leaf springs?

Rick,
Don't consider me an expert on anything. I just took delivery yesterday of a
complete suspension rebuild from "Just Suspension" for my 64 Sport Fury from
"Just Suspension"  and started to put the rear leaf springs on today. Should
have soaked the nuts and studs down with PB Blaster a few days ago, as they
are frozen up. Doubt that I'll get them off today.

They are a 6-leaf heavy duty spring. How good are they? I don't know. The
completely shot springs had the car at 12". I want the car to be an inch or
so high in the rear so it's got just a little attitude but still rides okay.
Not looking for a really stiff ride.

The rep I talked to knew a lot about my car, which I liked. He's rebuilt
several Plymouths and Dodges of the era including a car like mine, so gave
me a good idea what to expect from these springs. He said they could make
them stiffer if I wanted them but what I got should approximate what I had
on my original Sport Fury way back in 64, which was the heavy duty spring
used on the 426 cars (mine's a 383).

It could be a week or two before I get these on and test them. If you're
still interested then, I'll send you a note and let you know what I think of
them.

Probably an unfounded bias on my part, but I never bought anything from JC
Whitney as a teenager back in the 60s that wasn't junk, so don't order
anything from them now. They may be different now, but then, they were all
about the low price and the quality followed.

/Butch/ Ferndale, WA