RE: Leaf springs?

I took my old springs to a local shop yrs. ago and
told them what I had and what I wanted.My Polara sits
app. 1"-2" higher in the rear. Rides very nice. To
me,after not driving a car like ours on a daily basis
for many yrs.,we compare them to what we drive now.
I'm very happy with my local guy.Also,if you have a
problem,the dealer isn't a 1000 miles away.
--- Tom Duross <tduross1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Same here in Boston with my 64 Belvedere.
> I told him it bottomed out with 2 people in the back
> seat and I wanted
> another 1" in standing height, empty.
> He took them out, put them on a press and tested
> them then replaced 2 leafs
> and added one.
> Super duper and he asked and listened and let me
> drive it for a while loaded
> and unloaded just to make sure I was happy.
> I vote for the local machinist shop.
>
> Tom Duross
>

> Hi Rick,
>
> Haven't seen anything from you for quite a while.
> Been hiding?
>
> I would tend to stay away for JCW springs, you don't
> know what they are made
> out of...i.e.: no strength. Do you have a local
> spring shop that can make
> you
> a set of springs? Here in StLouis, we have StLouis
> Spring. We went there,
> told
> them what we had, and what we needed, and what they
> were going to be used
> for. They made them for me, and I picked them up 2
> hrs later. I think they
> were
> $180 for the pair.
>
> Best thing we've ever done for the suspension, as
> the car still doesn't sag.
> I did pull them off the following week, and had them
> put more arch in them,
> they did it for free. Took about 45 minutes.
>
> So check out your local spring shops. I've heard too
> many bad things about
> Mopar springs, almost all are made in Mexico. But
> that's another story.
>
> Rich StLouisMo
> 64 MaxWedgeSavoy
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

George

Never miss an email again!

----