Historic Frustration

I'm gonna keep sending this until it finally goes. 1 post I just did
took 4.5 days ...just came through this morning.

I sent off my $45 check to Chrysler Historical ~2 weeks ago. On their
website, there are only 3 choices...Owner's and Service Manuals, 8X10
Photographs, & Build records. I sent them a letter stating that I
wanted a copy of ANY built records they have for my car. Today I get a
package in the mail from DaimlerChrysler & I thought "WOOHOO! Cool!
It's here! Wow, that was quick!". Well, the response was not only not
what I wanted, but a bit confusing too.

Here's what they wrote:
"DaimlerChrysler Archives does have an IBM build card for your car.
However, we do not have a decoding sheet for that year.

There are several options available:
a. Purchase a photocopy of the IBM card and selling dealer name and
location - $45.
b. Purchase a photocopy of the IBM card only, no decoding, no dealer info - $25.
c. Cancel the order

I have enclosed a build record order form for your convenience and am
returning your check."
(2 order sheets were enclosed)

So if I initially requested "copies of any build records", didn't I
request a copy of the IBM card? I'm really confused!!! The $ is right
for what I want. What the &^*% is going on?!?!?!

WTF exactly is the "decoding sheet" they are talking about...a build
sheet (which I already have?"

Any enlightenment on this would be greatly appreciated.

PS Gary - Since I now have a copy of the official order sheet, would
you like me to scan it & send it to you so it can be posted on the
website?

Thanks

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert