Re: Cross Ram carb size

In a message dated 5/7/2007 4:07:17 PM Central Standard Time,
jaltemoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Dodger,

I'm missing something here.  Let's say I have a  426 and want 5000 RPM

SORRY,,,,,,,,,I ENGAGED FINGERS BEFOR ENGAGING MIND,,,,

it should have read,,,,,,,,

1.  engine cubic inch times desired RPM

2.  the # derived at in #1 times .5 (this is because it takes two  engine
revolutions to create one intake stroke)

3.the # derived at in #2 divided by1728 (this is 12 x 12 x 12, or the
equivilent of 1 cubic foot, which turns your #2 anwser from cubic inches to  cubic
feet)

4.  the # derived from #3 multiplied by 1.2  (the 1.2 factor is  because
everything does not always work and it does on paper, and the .2 is an  adjustment
for air flow )

5.  the # derived in #4 is the size of carburetor needed, but in you  case
must be divided by 2 because you have 2 carburetors, so divide #4 by  2

6.  with this number you have calculate the size of carb that you need  to
run, take the
number, and buy the next higher common size carbs,,,,,,,,,,probably  500s