To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:36 PM
Subject: Bulkhead connectors

I've been reading about the problems w/ the bulkhead connectors and the
amp gauges for some time now.  I've read the Madelectrical article a
couple of times.  But I never really looked at mine until tonite.  What
I found surprised me.  Instead of the male/female spade connectors mine
red and black wire connectors are fastened with a screw.  Here's a
photo:

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/63mopar/

Did this change after 63?  I suppose the terminal is still just  crimped
on which is not the best.  But this could be soldered without too much
trouble.  And if you're bypassing the amp gauge, these two wires could
simply be disconnected at the bulkhead and the fastened together by
soldering, right?

I know it's still a good idea to bypass the amp gauge and change it to a
voltage gauge.  And I plan on doing this at some point.  But, has anyone
modfied their original amp gauge with different workings and kept the
same face plate to maintain the original look.  I think the gauges are a
fairly standard size as the previous owner of mine removed the clock and
installed an oil pressure gauge which fit perfectly.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html