RE: ADMIN: RE: Diminished mail

Thanks Paul & Dodger.

Hard-to-find archived material and poor site indexing are just two more
examples of diminished service. The 62-65 List archives are there but
the Topica search engine used does not "look" at the last two or three
years of mail! You need to browse manually. :(

I need to talk to a programmer friend of mine to see if a script can be
written to capture the old mails. We'll see.

Gary H.

Paul Lennemann wrote:

> I know all of us are very grateful to Gary for all of his work as
> administrator on this BB.  I personally have not had much luck finding
> archived material.  Maybe it's just me.  The other thing that always
> annoyed me was when I would get booted by Topica it was impossible to
> find the BB by using Topica's search.  I've been on two Topica BB's and
> it was the same with both.  You always had to go in a round about way
> and come in through the back door like through the 62-65 website. If I'm
>
> able to help in any way with a transition let me know.
>
> Paul L.
> '63 Sport Fury
> 440/727
> http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html

Gary would it be possible for the members to all download a floppy in
some
sort of continuation to get it all coppied , and then send them to you
some
way to reorganize back into a new site, I am sure that if something like
this
is possible that most members would be glad to help out

----