RE: Details, details

Jim,
I was able to find push nuts of various sizes at Ace Hardware.
Concerning the wiring harness in the trunk... my '64 Belvedere has 4
metal straps on the upper lip of the trunk on the driver's side.  They
are about 1/2" wide and are formed in a "U" shape.  The wiring harness
sits inside the "U".  About halfway up there is a black rubber piece
surrounding the harness, and it has a long slot that slips over the
strap, which secures the harness to the strap.  Hope this helps.  I can
get a picture for you, if needed...Brian

Jim Jablonski wrote:

> Hi folks.  Hope everyone had a great 4th.
>
> Putting the Fury back together after the paint job, and have a couple of
>
> miscellaneous questions:
>
> - Does anyone know where I can find the tiny push nuts that hold the
> trunk spear onto the top of the trunk?  I can't find the ones I removed,
>
> and these are a bit smaller than most
>
> - My new rear wiring harness has a plastic, rectangular-shaped clip on
> it, located about half-way up the inside of the left rear quarter.
> Interestingly, there is a bracket-like hole extending into the trunk
> opening  from the top of the left rear quarter, in approximately the
> same location as the clip in the harness.  It looks like the harness
> perhaps attaches to the bracket in some fashion.  Can someone look and
> perhaps send a pic or try to tell me what's going on there?
>
> Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Jim Jablonski
> Royal Oak, Michigan
> '64 Fury

'64 Belvedere
Davenport, Iowa

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

----