To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: New Chrysler Corp. commercial

The 350 V8 and EFI were both offered in 1958.  The EFI (Bendix) was very
primitive compared to what was to come and was recalled due to poor
reliability.   Rambler was to use the Benidx EFI in their limited edition
1957 Rebel model, but it was repleaced by a carburetor when it went into
produciton - again reliability problems.  Benidx gave up on the system and
sold it all to Boasch.   Bosch took the system and the rest is history,
making into one of the most reliable FI system made..

The Mopar 350 was a one year engine, being replaced by the 361 and 383.

Chevrolet introduced FI on its 1957 models.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Jacobsma" <big_jake57@xxxxxxxxxxx>