64 B body rear tapered axle

I'm looking for comments. I rebuilt the rear end on my 64 Plymouth Sport
Fury, which has the old tapered axles. I cleaned the tapers on the axle
and hub before reassembly and in what I thought was an enlightened
moment, put some anti-seize compound on the tapers so I can get the
assemblies apart easier in the future. Subsequently, I read some advice
on another website that you should NEVER put any kind of lubricant or
anti-seize on the tapers, as the friction between the two parts is
actually what keeps the two pieces acting as one, that if there is lube
between the two parts, eventually the steel key on the axle will wear
off from applied torque and the wheel assembly will spin on the axle.
This sounds like good logic to me, but I'm thinking that 140 lbs of
torque on the castle nut that binds the two parts together is enough to
eliminate that possibility except if I were perhaps going to be racing
the car, which won't happen. I'd appreciate any comments from those of
you with more experience in this area than me. Thanks/ Butch /Ferndale,
WA

Mopar...if you have to ask, you'll never understand.

----